Senior Scientist – Protein Analytics
Cue Biopharma, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, is engineering a novel class of injectable biologics to selectively engage and modulate targeted T cells within the body to transform the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases. Cue Biopharma is a high growth company and is listed on NASDAQ (CUE). The company is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts in the heart of the life sciences corridor.
Cue Biopharma is building a world-class team of highly motivated, dedicated scientists to help us advance our research and development programs. The company culture is fast-paced and committed to scientific excellence, innovation, and teamwork.
We are seeking a motivated Senior Scientist to lead our biophysical characterization and protein analytics efforts in developing new and novel CUE molecules for therapeutic applications. The qualified candidate will have the training and experience required to provide guidance and data-driven support toward the nomination of candidates for pre-clinical development. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing assays to identify developability of CUE molecules and work across multi-disciplinary teams to drive project advancements.
- Maintain and expand state of art Protein Analytics platforms to support analytical screening and characterization of CUE fusion molecules of diverse and novel modalities
- Design and perform targeted biophysical experiments to guide selection of lead candidates based on maximizing pre-clinical developability success.
- Develop assays to identify and characterize potential liabilities of early discovery molecules and engage in solutions toward mitigation strategies.
- Identify and coordinate with external CRO on biophysical characterization needs beyond internally available techniques to expand the understanding of CUE molecules
- Active collaboration with project teams across the organization to accelerate programs towards development
- Work with fellow scientists to enhance biophysical and drug development knowledge and provide technical guidance in experimental design, implementation, and analysis.
- Stay up to date with scientific literature and advancements in the field of protein biophysics and characterization. Apply as appropriate to streamline workflow and improve efficiency.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner. Author and review internal SOPs and analytical reports. Expected contribution towards external publications, posters, and presentations.
- Effectively communicate results through written documentation and oral presentations across multidisciplinary teams.
- Manage multiple parallel project timelines and deliverables and coordinate directly with project leads.
- Maintain extensive lab presence and hands on work.
- Minimum PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 5+ years relevant experience, or MS with 8+ years relevant experience
- Strong understanding and hands on expertise in wide range of biophysical and analytical methods including chromatography-based methods, (e.g., SEC, HIC, IEX), light scattering (DLS and MALS), thermal stability (DSC and DSF), stress studies, and formulation screen
- Prior industry experience in hands on analytical characterization of biologics is required
- Must have prior protein purification experience
- Expertise in mass spec data analysis and experience in protein interaction (BLI / SPR) is highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate a keen knowledge of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to critically analyze and assess results.
- Must maintain a high level of scientific rigor and attention to details.
- Must maintain good laboratory practice including safety guideline compliance and timely notebook updates.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment, keeping pace with a high functioning group of scientists and adaptive to perform multiple needs in support of project advancements.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com. In the subject line include your name and the posted job title.« Go Back