Senior Associate Scientist, Protein Therapeutics
Cue Biopharma, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, is engineering a novel class of injectable biologics to selectively engage and modulate targeted T cells within the patient’s body to transform the treatment of cancer, infectious disease and autoimmune disease. Cue Biopharma is a high growth company and is listed on NASDAQ (CUE). The company is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts in the heart of the life sciences corridor.
Cue Biopharma is building a world-class team of highly motivated, dedicated scientists to help us advance our research and development programs. The company culture is fast-paced and committed to scientific excellence, innovation, and teamwork.
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in protein expression and purification, excellent technical skills, and will play a critical role in developing the next generation of immune-modulating therapeutics targeting cancer and autoimmune disease. This candidate will be responsible for timely delivery of various therapeutic protein candidates along with complete characterization profiles to support internal project advancements. The successful candidate will also be accountable for generating robust datasets that enable key decisions for related projects. This position is a unique opportunity for a motivated scientist to be a part of a high-caliber, dynamic team responsible for driving the evolution of our core technology platform.
A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to work well as a member of a fast-paced team are essential qualities for this position. This position lends itself to an attractive growth trajectory as a part of a rapidly evolving drug discovery and development organization.
- Transient expression of novel engineered Fc-fusion proteins, and other recombinant proteins in mammalian cells.
- Protein purification using a variety of techniques including affinity, IEX, and size-exclusion chromatography.
- Drive efforts in process optimization within expertise.
- Protein QC and characterization in a variety of assays such as SE-HPLC, SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis spectroscopy, ELISA.
- Drive automation and more efficient processes.
- Analyze data and develop conclusions to propose follow up experiments.
- Actively review literature to propose solutions to optimization projects.
- Effectively communicate results through written documentation and oral presentations to multidisciplinary teams.
- Collaborate closely with entire protein and immunology teams to provide ideas for troubleshooting, experiment optimization, and hands-on support as needed.
- Maintain good lab practices and encourage the same among colleagues.
- Detailed documentation of daily experiments and laboratory work.
- Maintenance of instruments associated with job responsibilities.
- B.S. in pharmaceutical, biological, or chemical sciences with minimum 7 years of industry experience in Biotech or Biopharma environments.
- Hands-on experience in protein purification, including AKTA Pure expertise.
- Hands-on experience with bioanalytical techniques and instrumentations such as, analytical HPLC, DSC, SEC-MALS, DSF, etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of experimental design and underlying scientific principles.
- A high level of scientific rigor and attention to details.
- Highly motivated with excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line include your name and the posted job title.« Go Back