Scientist, Protein Discovery
Cue Biopharma, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, is engineering a novel class of injectable biologics to selectively engage and modulate targeted T cells within the body to transform the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases. Cue Biopharma is a high growth company and is listed on NASDAQ (CUE). The company is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts in the heart of the life sciences corridor.
Cue Biopharma is building a world-class team of highly motivated, dedicated scientists to help us advance our research and development programs. The company culture is fast-paced and committed to scientific excellence, innovation, and teamwork.
We are looking to further expand our high caliber team dedicated to driving our innovative biologics platform to generate therapeutic molecules for immuno-oncology and autoimmune diseases. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated and strong scientist to be a part of a dynamic team responsible for driving the next evolution of our core technology platform.
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in protein purification, excellent technical skills, and will play a critical role in developing the next generation of immune-modulating therapeutics targeting cancer and autoimmune diseases. This candidate will be responsible for timely delivery of various therapeutic protein candidates along with complete characterization profiles to support internal project advancements. The successful candidate will be accountable for generating robust datasets that enable key decisions for related projects.
A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to work well as a member of a fast-paced team are essential qualities for this position. This position lends itself to an attractive growth trajectory as a part of a rapidly evolving drug discovery and development organization.
- Transient expression of novel engineered Fc-fusion proteins, and other recombinant proteins in mammalian cells.
- Protein purification using a variety of techniques including affinity, IEX, and size-exclusion chromatography.
- Protein conjugation and purification process optimization.
- Protein QC and characterization in a variety of assays such as SE-HPLC, SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis spectroscopy, ELISA.
- Perform buffer screen and assays necessary to identify optimal formulations.
- Analyze data and develop conclusions to propose follow up experiments.
- Effectively communicate results through written documentation and oral presentations to multidisciplinary teams.
- Collaborate closely with entire protein production team to provide ideas for troubleshooting, workflow optimization, and hands on support as needed.
- Detailed documentation of daily experiments and laboratory work.
- Maintenance of instruments associated with job responsibilities.
- Ph.D. in pharmaceutical, biological, or chemical sciences with 4 years of industry experience or M.S. in similar fields with minimum 8 years of industry experience in Biotech or Biopharma environments.
- Established hands on experience in protein purification and understanding of protein biochemistry.
- Hands on experience with bioanalytical techniques and instrumentations such as, analytical HPLC, DSC, SEC-MALS, DSF, etc.
- Experience with biochemical/biological assay design and execution.
- Prior protein conjugation chemistry experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrate understanding of experimental design and underlying scientific principles.
- Must maintain a high level of scientific rigor and attention to details.
- Highly motivated with excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com. In the subject line include your name and the posted job title.« Go Back