Cue Biopharma, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, is engineering a novel class of injectable biologics to selectively engage and modulate targeted T cells within the body to transform the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases. Cue Biopharma is a high growth company and is listed on NASDAQ (CUE). The company is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts in the heart of the life sciences corridor.
Cue Biopharma is building a world-class team of highly motivated, dedicated scientists to help us advance our research and development programs. The company culture is fast-paced and committed to scientific excellence, innovation, and teamwork.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who proactively communicates and collaborates with the Corporate Controller and other Cue Biopharma employees to drive results. The Payroll Specialist will demonstrate uncompromising integrity, confidentiality, and a strong work ethic. This is a part-time position working approximately 20-25 hours per week, with flexibility in scheduling. The Payroll Specialist will report directly to the Assistant Controller and support the bi-weekly payroll function.
- Process bi-weekly US payroll for over 50 employees using ADP Workforce Now
- Responsible for reporting US equity transactions (NSOs, ISOs, ESPP and RSUs) in ADP.
- Perform variable pay, stock, or other supplemental or non-recurring pay runs, ensuring timely tax deposits.
- Ensure timely reporting and payment of the employer’s and employees’ withholding taxes and miscellaneous withholdings to appropriate agencies.
- Work with ADP Tax Services to resolve any issues.
- Responsible for preparation of payroll journal entries and payroll GL account reconciliations.
- Continuously identify and develop process efficiency solutions to streamline operations and improve productivity.
- Responsible for filing Form W-2 amendments when needed.
- Maintain compliance of payroll processes within SOX guidelines.
- Ensure that payroll processing related controls and narratives are kept up to date and accurately represent current best practices.
- Responsible for accurate processing of year-end payroll, W-2, and government reporting.
- Collaborate with HR for payroll related matters such as new hires, terminations, merit increases, benefits, and change of status.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests for SOX Compliance and quarterly and annual financial audits.
- Work on special projects, including but not limited to process documentation and improvements, system updates, integrations, upgrades or implementations including user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Maintain knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws. Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll requirements and procedures.
- 2+ years of experience in a payroll processing role in Life Sciences/ Bio-technology industry.
- A proven ability to recognize when to take initiative and work independently, as well as when to collaborate as part of a team to achieve objectives.
- Proficiency with Excel and working knowledge of ERP and stock-based compensation systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience in payroll accounting (GL Entries and Account Reconciliations).
- Experience with reporting equity transactions in Payroll (i.e. ESPP, ISO, etc.).
- Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now from both payroll and general ledger perspectives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple projects while simultaneously meeting payroll and departmental deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Familiarity with HRIS.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com. In the subject line include your name and the posted job title.« Go Back