Director, Information Technology
Cue Biopharma, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, is engineering a novel class of injectable biologics to selectively engage and modulate targeted T cells within the patient’s body to transform the treatment of cancer, infectious disease and autoimmune disease. Cue Biopharma is a high growth company and is listed on NASDAQ (CUE). The company is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts in the heart of the life sciences corridor.
Cue Biopharma is building a world-class team of highly motivated, dedicated scientists to help us advance our research and development programs. The company culture is fast-paced and committed to scientific excellence, innovation, and teamwork.
The Director of Information Technology (IT) will play a critical role in managing all supported infrastructure and software to enable business functions and related business processes across the company. This key hire will support daily operations and develop a strategic IT roadmap that is integrated, cost-effective and secure.
As the first hire in IT, the Director will leverage deep knowledge of technology and its impact on strategy, policies, processes and practices. This influential role will help drive innovative science and support the Company’s mission to develop and deliver novel therapeutics to patients suffering from cancer and other debilitating diseases.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment leveraging a high degree of integrity, creativity and innovation.
- Serve as technology thought leader, responsible for proposing, planning, overseeing and tracking technology projects that enable our efforts while providing leadership, vision and direction to the information technology function.
- Collaborate with leadership and appropriate stakeholders to develop the company’s overall IT strategy, define business needs, system requirements and timelines for future system enhancements that are scalable and support organizational growth.
- Manage and coordinate all technology operations including the information technology infrastructure, information security measures and SaaS applications.
- Manage and support all internal technology needs including help desk, hardware fleet management, regular maintenance and upgrades.
- Develop and maintain IT policies and operational procedures.
- Establish controls and ensure compliance with all industry best practices, Sarbanes- Oxley (SOX) and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain proactive cyber security systems and lead incident response management.
- Oversee business continuity and contingency planning for all technology and information systems.
- Serves as a voice of the “Enterprise” customer by providing input into IT strategies, philosophies and programs while maintaining an enterprise mindset. This includes but is not limited to R&D, Finance, Legal, Human Resources, Investor Relations, and Corporate Communications.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to administer and configure LIMS software and data acquisition solutions to optimize and standardize utilization of informatics system.
- Accountable for continuous operation and maintenance of IT systems and associated site infrastructure.
- Oversee vendor-managed services and strike a balance between outsourcing and internalizing functions.
- Build strategic partnerships with key technology vendors and service providers to implement and support systems.
- BS Degree in computer science or related technical discipline and 10+ years of experience managing IT infrastructure and support.
- Experience leading information technology in a biotech/pharmaceutical company preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with SOX-compliant technology environments and systems.
- Demonstrated experience developing, leading and supporting an IT vision and direction including developing long- and short-term strategic IT plans, developing the associated financial analyses and translating budgeted plans into tactical, actionable operational initiatives.
- Experience with the following enterprise platforms preferred: Windows Server, VMware vSphere, Microsoft 365, NetSuite, ADP Workforce Now and Benchling.
- Experience administering supporting laboratory hardware and software systems.
- Experience working with and directing third-party managed service providers.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making capabilities to meet the organization’s developing needs and growth.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight periodic reporting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a small company environment and contribute to different functions.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line include your name and the posted job title.« Go Back